Tuesday, May 25, 2010

An Introduction

This summer I have decided that I am going to do something useful with my time at work, besides working. You may ask, what else is there to do at work besides work? That, my friends, is what this blog is going to be. I work at a small amusement park that gets people from all over the state visiting it, and the people are all very interesting. In my Introduction to Anthropology class, we did several observations, and I got to thinking today... why not use my job as one big observation for a potential ethnographic study in the future? Now chances are I'm not ever going to write that ethnography. I have better things to do with my time. And this blog isn't going to be purely ethnographic either. I will share what I'm doing and interesting ideas and thoughts that come to me in the hours I spend working here too. So... yeah. That's the goal. I'm also horrible about keeping these things up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment